Recent surveys indicate that only 15% to 30% of physicians are extremely happy in their current practice and are not considering other opportunities.1,2 This leaves 70% to 85% of physicians with some level of dissatisfaction and even considering other options. This statistic should make you quite uncomfortable.
Results from a recent physician survey conducted by Fidelis Partners shows an even more alarming picture of job satisfaction than previously thought.
To improve your physician recruitment outcomes… Pay much more attention to the spouse or significant other.
For us, and as it turns out on a national basis, the second most stated reason for a physician leaving their practice was related to the spouse or significant other.